Black Pepper Beef Steak Pie
- Beef brisket cut in cubes (1-inch pieces)
- 3 onions sliced
- Sprig of rosemary
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Saraspice Sarawak Black Pepper
- 3 sticks celery finely sliced
- 3 carrot sticks peeled and sliced
- Mushrooms sliced—brown button and/or portobella, as many as desirable
- 1 can malt (halal)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 packets of store-bought puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Slice onions and sauté in a Dutch oven pot or oven casserole with 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Sauté until light brown.
- Add a few sprigs of rosemary.
- Add minced garlic.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add celery, carrots and mushrooms.
- Add the beef cubes and salt & Saraspice Sarawak Black Pepper to taste.
- Pour in 1 can of halal malt. Ensure liquid does not cover beef on the top.
- Place the dish in the oven. Cook at 175°C/350°F for 2 hours. Remove dish from the oven.
- Roll out 2 puff pastries to about 3mm thickness.
- Line the bottom of an oven-safe bowl or pie pan that is about 4 inches deep and 8—10 inches in diameter with the puff pastry.
- Pour in the stew filling.
- Cover on top with another piece of puff pastry that has been lightly scored with a knife.
- Press around the edges so the top puff pastry is sealed to the bottom puff pastry.
- Fold in excess puff pastry draping over the pie pan so it gives a crinkled look.
- Brush the top of the puff pastry with the beaten egg.
- Put pie in the oven at 175°C/350°F for 40 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
error: Content is protected !!